Dr. Hwai Chyuan Ong is currently appointed as Professor at Future Technology Research Center, National Yunlin University of Science and Technology, Taiwan. His research interests are under the general umbrella of renewable energy system, energy & fuel, green technology, environmental sustainability, solar thermal system, and waste management. He has published more than 200 high impact SCI journal papers with H-index 50 (WOS). And, he is invited and delivered several keynotes, plenary and invited talks at international conferences. He had secured and completed several grants as principal investigator from ministry, university and private nationally and internationally.
He had completed the supervision of 11 PhD and 13 Master degree postgraduates. He is listed as Highly Cited Researcher (Engineering) by Clarivate Analytics in 2019-2021. In 2018 & 2017, he received the Malaysia’s Research Star Award (frontier researcher) and in 2016, received the Malaysia’s Rising Star Award (young researcher) by Ministry of Higher Education and Clarivate Analytics. In 2018, he also received the outstanding research award and the most highly cited paper award by University of Malaya Excellence Award. Currently, he is Associate Editor of Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, Alexandria Engineering Journal, Energies, e-Prime as well as editorial board member for few other journals. Ong is also Core Group Member of APRU Sustainable Waste Management (SWM) program.
PhD in Engineering (Alternative Fuel), UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA (UM), 2012
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Hons) UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA (UM), 2007
Renewable & Sustainable Energy, Energy and Environment; Biofuel & Bioenergy, Green Technology; Technoeconomic Analysis; Biomass waste management.
Area of Expertise:
- Renewable Energy System & Sustainable energy
- Energy & Fuel
- Biomass energy & Waste management
- Energy Efficiency and Policy
- Green Technology & Environmental Sustainability
- Publons : https://publons.com/researcher/2675738/hwai-chyuan-ong/
- Scopus ID : http://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.url?authorId=55310784800
Award and Recognizing:
- Australia’s top 40 early career researchers, Top 5 in Engineering & Computer Science, 2021, by The
Australian Research Magazine 2021
- 2021 Highly Cited Researchers (Engineering), Clarivate Analytics, 2021, (International)
- 2020 Highly Cited Researchers (Engineering), Clarivate Analytics, 2020, (International)
- 2019 Highly Cited Researchers (Engineering), Clarivate Analytics, 2019, (International)
- Honorary Research Fellow, National Tsing Hua University (NTHU), Taiwan, Republic of China, 2019,